Abel of Hertford Sponsor Hertford Carnival 2016!
We are very pleased to announce that Abel of Hertford are proud sponsors of this years Hertford Carnival which will be celebrated at Hertford Castle on Sunday 19th June 12 noon-5pm. We will be sponsoring the Fancy Dress Competition which was such a hit with the kids last year it was decided to run it again this year, so get your creative heads on!
There are plans for events around town as well such as a Fun Fair, we will blog nearer the time with a full list of events and times.
Hertford Carnival is put on and organised by the Hertford Carnival Committee which consists of members from both Hertford Town Council and the Rotary Club of Hertford. They work tirelessly to bring the whole town together each year for a day of celebration and fun. People of all ages, from little toddlers to older residents get to mingle and come together to enjoy music, food and each others company, giving people a real sense of community and inclusiveness.
Here’s the organizers ‘Mission Statement’ so you can read for yourselves just how serious they are about community spirit!
We are hoping that the carnival will, for ourselves and our fellow people of Hertford and environs;
- Bring the community together and give local people from all walks of life a chance to mix and enjoy themselves
- Provide participants and volunteers with an opportunity to use their skills and their imagination
- Be used by local voluntary groups, organisations and charities to heighten their profiles
- Generate a substantial amount of cash for the chosen local charities
- Promote local businesses through procession participation, sponsorship and/or stalls
- And of course, provide a fun-filled day for all those taking part!
As well as being invited to join in the fun, local businesses and groups can also sponsor the event, the money made goes back into the community so it’s a win win situation!
Volunteering for Hertford Carnival
We are grateful for any extra help offered between now and carnival day. Anyone with particular skills in finance, event organising, publicity or Health & Safety, or with general organisational or people skills, or who were simply keen, are most welcome.
We will also need extra help on the day itself.
Click here for more volunteering details.
Join Them as a Business Partner
Support from local businesses is essential in making the carnival happen, and thus any level of support is welcomed.
Contact us now to get involved with Hertford Carnival 2016! The more support we have, the better the event will be!
Click on to read more details (or scroll down to read the whole page);
- Sponsorship (various packages available)
- Programme advertising
- Shop space (for programme distribution, poster displays)
- Donations of cash or kind
Here’s the link for the official Hertford Carnival’s website if you would like more information